Monday, June 6, 2011

Needs New...

  1. Zumba Clothes.
  2. Zumba Shoes (Nike Dunks).
  3. Normal Shoes.
  4. Normal Clothes.
  5. A Zumba Onsie for Yogi.
  6. Music.
  7. Choreography
Uh.. I think that's pretty much it...

I just need new! It's about time to start new! I figure that the more often I start over on projects and other things around me I get double the motivation. I get double the energy and TRIPLE the drive to do it all. I need to start again.
I was super frustrated these last couple weeks cause I've hit yet another Plateau on my journey to a rockin bod so here's where I get in trouble.
My problem is, when I'm frustrated with something, I either drop whatever I was doing and never look back, or, I obsess over it and almost make it an addiction. There's never been an in between for me. Never.
So of course I don't want to give up now that I'm so close to my Rockin' Bod.
 Instead I train harder.
Lift Heavier
Sweat More
and go so far as to pushing myself to do at LEAST 3-4 hours a DAY of working out just to FEEL SOMETHING. Just to feel like i worked out. To feel a burn. To feel SORE.
After a week of working out like this i called my favorite trainer- DAD.
He told me I was being dumb for doing all this to my body and explained that I'm simply OverTraining.

For all you who are feeling the same, here are the symptoms according to my Personal Training Study book of Over Training.

Sudden drop in performance


•Insomnia

Headaches

•Decrease in training capacity / intensity


Moodiness and irritability

•Depression

•Loss of enthusiasm for the sport

•Decreased appetite

A compulsive need to exercise

So there you have it ma friends. It IS possible to overwork to the point of your body really just giving up so you don't go on anymore. I realized that my body needs a break, therefore my dad told me to not work out at all for at least Friday thru today, even tho I Kind of broke the rule and worked out today. But that's just what happens. Results of Over Training are, a Hult in Performance, Fat Gain, and so many more NO ONE WANTS!
If you think you're not getting the results you should be getting look at your routine, if you notice you're looking heavier the more you workout or your fat percentage has increased, step back and workout less. do a half time workout with twice or more the weight with half the sets/reps, or give it 3-5 days before your next workout.
Give your body a break!

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I need NEW zumba clothes since I don't have any at all, I need new zumba shoes (the white and black z1 sneakers) and new regular running shoes. I also need new clothes and new music. Sounds like we're in the same boat! lol

    ReplyDelete